Advantages of Vortex meters
1 .Wide rangeability (for Reynolds numbers above l0,OOO).
2. An accuracy of 1 percent of rate.
3.A wide range of sizes.
4. Linear output.
5. Availability of pulse and analog outputs.
Limitations of Vortex meters
- A limited range of construction materials is available.
- Vortex meters are generally not suitable for slurries or O high-viscosity liquids.
- Users cannot check calibration
- Turbulent flow is required.
- Vortex meters have over range limitations.
- Strainers may be required.
- Vortex meters are affected by pulsating flow.