Following are two methods to reset CISCO switch
A) While Switch is in power on condition, press MODE button for until STAT LED is glowing. Release the MODE button after STAT LED goes out. Screen will display
Now initial Switch configuration dialog will appear
B) Second and more reliable method is as mentioned below.
- Attach a terminal or PC with terminal emulation (for example, Hyper Terminal) to the console port of the switch.
Use the following terminal settings:
o Bits per second (baud): 9600
o Data bits: 8
o Parity: None
o Stop bits: 1
o Flow Control: Xon/Xoff
- Unplug the power cable.
- Hold down the mode button located on the left side of the front panel, while reconnecting the power cable to the switch.
- Issue the flash_init command.
- Issue the load_helper command.
- Issue the dir flash: command.
- Type rename flash:config.text flash:config.old to rename the configuration file.
- Issue the boot command to boot the system.
- Enter “n” at the prompt to abort the initial configuration dialog.
- At the switch prompt, type en to enter enable mode
- Type rename flash:config.old flash:config.text to rename the configuration file with its original name.
- Copy the configuration file into memory.
- Change the password.
- Write the running configuration to the configuration file with the write memory command.