How will Convert Safety Manager IO points to Experion DCS?
Export the point database of Safety Manager:
Using the Point Export file:
- Open program SM2XperionConverter.exe
- Select tab ‘SM Export file”
- Select “Select Export file” to select the created Point Export file in the Point Configurator
• Select “Config” to select Safety Manager and Experion Details:
In Controller TAB
• Number = Node number of Safety Manager
• Select if system has redundant or non redundant CPs
• Fill in the correct names and parameters of Controller, Channels, Time synchronization and Area
In SM-Experion Interface TAB
• Fill in the Safety Manager IP addresses connected of the channels connected to Experion
• Press the “OK” button if everything is filled in
• Select “Point Definition File” to create the pnt file.
The pnt file will be placed in same folder as controller and has same name with extension pnt
• Select “Hardware Definition File” to create the hdw file.
The hdw file will be placed in same folder as controller and has same name with extension hdw by default.
After importing these files in Quickbuilder:
If the Safety Manager has SOE enabled, only one Experion Controller should be enabled, preferred the “SOE only” controller.
This has to be set correctly in the Quickbuilder, it’s not possible to select that via the converter tool.