Experion R430 Display Scripting - Reading Arrays

Anyone have any luck reading a CDB (Custom Data Block) whole array into a script in HMIWeb Builder? Station does not seem to recognize the proper syntax for a whole array as a valid tag. Which seems to only leave me with the option of reading each array element individually. And with an array of 840 elements… that doesn’t seem to be very feasible.

Or… does any know of a way to generate a plot of a one dimensional array on a display?

i dont think its possible. You can use CL to move the array data to numeric and then you can use it i display script. Whats your actual requirement ?

CL?

I’m working on trying to move profile array data from the Honeywell QCS (New MX System) to the DCS to provide a few displays for the operators with QCS information. Everything but these profiles I can do, just having a hell of a time getting all this array data passed and displayed. The documentation seems to state that passing the array data via CDA (with MX now) is supposed to work, but I’m having some trouble with that and we have a TAC case in with Honeywell asking why it does not seem to be working properly even though the documentation seems to say it should. While I’m waiting on that, I started trying to figure out how I was going to get the profile on the graphic, and I’ve found that it seems I can’t read a whole array into a vbscript array variable. I can read individual array elements, just not the whole array. The initial request was for the full profile array, which is 840 elements. And there are multiple profiles they want. I’m trying to talk them into a lower resolution profile, because that’s just a TON of info to process and display.

The measurex guys do some crazy stuff with HMIWeb builder and station. I first tried to dig through what they had going on to see if I could just get it to work in Experion. But I gave up on that pretty quick because all of their graphics seem to use nothing but class ID calls. And even digging into some of the symbols wasn’t making any sense, based on everything I know and understand with Experion shapes and displays (which is a fair bit - but what they have going on seems a bit over my head at this point).

Do you happen to know of any method to read an OPC based array tag? Or the syntax to read any OPC Tag directly in to a vbscript?

Hi…i am a new user here. As per my knowledge you can use CL to move the array data to numeric and then you can use it i display script. The documentation seems to state that passing the array data via CDA (with MX now) is supposed to work, but I’m having some trouble with that and we have a TAC case in with Honeywell asking why it does not seem to be working properly even though the documentation seems to say it should.