- Download the current 1042 Operator Interface firmware from the HC900 Website and extract the zipped files to the required Floppy or Zip disk as needed by the 1041.
- Connect the 1041 OI to a UMC800 controller.
- Press the Main Menu button, then cursor down to Disk Utilities and press Enter.
- Press the “detail” button (gray button below the ? question mark). This will take several minutes to reflash the firmware into the Operator Interface. Should a failure be indicated, DO NOT power down the UMC800 .
- Upon completion of the upgrade, the OI will not longer communicate to the UMC800. Power down the UMC800 and Operator Interface and rewire the OI communication cable per the HC900-1042 User manua
- After making the cable connection between the HC900 and OI, Power up the OI and HC900 and the two should communicate.
Note: the 1042 will require a separate 24Vdc power source with a minimum 1.2 amp rating.