QDB is used for third party device configuartion and DCS logics are build in Control Module(CM):
Method for configuring the data transfer:
· Consider the configured Flag with name “OPD” in a CM called “TEST”.
· Now create a QDB point.
· The channel for this point is a modbus channel with port type as LANVendor
without any Port name.
· The controller for this point is a modbus controller where we can leave the IP
address as blank.
· Now we need to enter the CM name and the function block and the parameter
name in the PV Source Address of the point as shown in the attachment.
· Now once we download the QDB channel, controller & points, the PV of the point
will be following the CM Flaga value